So the T-word usually inspires mixed reactions, some wax lyrical about protein and B vitamins, others run for the hills muttering something about dreadlocks and tree-huggers... but hear me out on this one. This recipe is simple, tasty and is so much more than an egg substitute - serve on toast, with stir-fried veggies, in burritos, mixed with rice.... your imagination is the limit :)
What you need
1 tbsp Olive oil
1tbsp apple cider vinegar(if you have it, or try subbing with soy sauce for salty tastiness)
1tbsp lemon juic
450g firm tofu
2 spring onions, sliced
1/2 tsp turmericor curry powder
salt + black pepper
What to do
1) Drain your tofu, put the block in a shallow bowl and place a plate on top, weight it with a couple of tins to squeeze out any excess liquid.
2) Heat a good glug of olive oil in a medium pan and throw in the chopped spring onion, sautee until soft.
3) Crumble in the drained tofu and sprinkle on turmeric / curry powder - if there's a lot of water at this point turn up the heat and boil it off, no one wants soggy scramble.
4) When your tofu is nicely turmeric/curry coated, add your wet ingredients and stir well.
5) Season to taste and serve!
Enjoy! If you give this a try be sure to let us know in the comments below or tag us in a picture with #NorthernKarmaKitchen - we'd love your feedback.
Good luck and feel free to drop us a line with any questions!