Yoga is about much more than exercise. We practice yoga to better understand ourselves physically, mentally, emotionally, and in doing so transform our relationship with the rest of the world. Peace in, peace out. TKV Desikachar, one of the world's greatest yoga teachers, said “[t]he success of Yoga does not lie in the ability to perform postures but in how it positively changes the way we live our life and our relationships.”
We believe that yoga has the potential to change lives, not only on an individual level but community-wide. As a part of this, we like to give the lovely people who come to our classes the option of "rounding-up" their class price, by as little or as much as they like, and at the end of each month all the contributions are donated to a local community-based charity or organisation, along with 10% of our profit. The other 90% goes back into making our classes and events better for you, through equipment, new venues and training.
We will also occasionally run charity yoga sessions where 100% of the profit will go to a specific cause, for example in June 2015 we held a Yoga For Nepal session that raised more than £200 for the Disasters Emergency Committee.
If you know of a local charity or organisation that you feel would benefit from our support please do get in touch.